Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cold Blooded Killer

I was planning to post about my project, but something happened today and I really wanted to share it with you all, so here goes.

I have been very annoyed by four flies flying around in my house the past couple of days. I was cooking dinner when I spoted a giant fly in front of me, turned out it was two flyes stuck together. They were mating.

I was thinking to myself, "oh no you don't! You do not multiply in my house! Wait a minute, maybe they are distracted, I might be able to kill them easliy. One fly swatter and two flies!" :)

So, I tried to kill them and I missed them by a little bit, but they were definately slower than usual. The kids were watching me with enthusiasm and amusement, then they shouted "Wow! mom those flies are stuck together! I have never seen such a thing!"

After several attempts, I finally got them and was very pleased with myself. Two down, two to go.

I went back to cooking and almost forgot about the incident. Then, Michael (who is known for his Michalisms) came to me and said, "Mom, I know why thoes flies were stuck together!"

My heart was pounding. I was in middle of cooking dinner and I was not ready to have "The talk" with my 6 year old son. I kept my cool and said, "Oh, you do? Why Michael?"

"You know, the fly on the back had broken wings and the other fly was carrying him. He was a nice fly and you killed him."

You have to picture his innocent face and he was dead serious while he was saying this.

Thank goodness, my back was facing him, I tried so hard not to laugh out loud, but my shoulders were shaking. I simply said "Oh, maybe so, you have a very good imagination honey."

I would gladly take the title "Cold blooded killer who killed the nice fly" than to tell him the real story. Like I said earlier, I was not ready, not today.

5 comments :

  1. Love it! What a perfect hart stopping moment. I laughed so hard. Thanks:) And don't worry that talk will come soon enough. Just make sure Aaron does it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the innocence of youth! Gotta love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Intense! Glad that "The Talk" can happen another day or hopefully several years down the road. Overall, good thing that the flies were taken care of in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had to have the birds and the bees talk when our boys started to do "leap frog" just like the cows in the pasture behind our house. they still don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin